1. Personal privacy protection
Hong Kong Island Landscape’s website, www.hkil.com.hk, is owned and operated by Hong Kong Island Landscape Co., Ltd. Hong Kong Island Landscape Co., Ltd. (also referred to as ” HKIL”, “Company”, “we” in this article) is committed to protecting your personal privacy. The company only uses the collected information for legal purposes.
2. Personally identifiable information – PII information summary collected by the company
The company will collect voluntary personally identifiable information (“PII”) at the time of registration, or collect it based on your express request for information.
The company may also collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address to diagnose problems and manage this website through the company’s server. The IP address refers to the number assigned to your computer when using the Internet. Your IP address will also be used to identify you in the session and collect demographic data.
During your use of the website, the company may ask you to provide an email address. In addition, in order to purchase products online, the company may ask you to provide some or all of the following PII: name, mailing address, email address, date of birth, phone number, and payment mechanism details (such as credit card details).
3. Use and sharing of PII
All PII are retained in accordance with the “Data Protection Principles” and other applicable data protection laws and regulations in Hong Kong.
The company uses PII to provide you with relevant information about HKIL, provide you with corresponding services, and conduct its own publicity and marketing. The company’s principle is do not sell or disclose any PII to any other organization (organizations outside of our group company), unless the company is forced to do this to prevent and detect fraud. Without your consent, the company will never sell or lease your PII to anyone else for marketing purposes.
The company also reserves the right to disclose PII for the following purposes:
(a) Disclosure in accordance with applicable laws.
(b) Disclosure in accordance with government requirements (or any type of legal agency, government agency or similar government agency, local authority or Internet protection agency),
(c) Disclosure in accordance with valid statutory procedures or procedures,
(d) To protect the rights or property of the company, this website and/or other users of this website.
4. Cookies (Information Recording Program)
The company also uses Google Analytics and Google Analytics advertising functions to collect user data and conduct remarketing activities. If you want to stop the tracking activities of Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser plug-in in your current web browser.
Please note that the company may send you emails for the following purposes:
- Used as an integral part of the service. For example, the company sends you (or may send you) emails under certain circumstances as follows:
- After registration, you will be notified of your account details.
- Notify you of the company’s service related information (especially the service you haven’t used or the service you haven’t used for a period of time),
- Send the information or sales invoices you request,
- For newsletters,
- Use as promotional emails, such as shopping offers, and
- Provide you with related services of HKIL.
However, for marketing or promotional emails that the company may send, the company provides you with the option to unsubscribe.
6. Security and retention
The company guarantees that the PII it holds is managed in accordance with internal security policies and relevant laws and regulations and is safe in the company’s system.
Regarding the information transmitted between this website and/or users, although the company takes all reasonable preventive measures to protect it, it may not be able to prevent unauthorized access to such information by third parties and may not be able to prevent negligence during information transmission which may cause the leakage of such information. The user agrees that there are such risks when communicating with this website.
Erasure of PII no longer required
Apart from the above 3(a) to (d), the Company and the third parties should take all practical steps to erase collected PII where it is no longer required for that purpose for which the PII was used.
7. Transfer under specific circumstances
If HKIL sells, merges, merges, changes or transfers of most of its assets, or reorganizes or liquidates, the company will have the right to unilaterally transfer, sell or distribute the information on or transmitted through this website (including but not limited to PII and other information) to one or more related third parties.
8. Protection of minors
We do not knowingly collect personal information of minors, nor do we recommend that minors use our services. Unless permitted by local law and the guardian agrees, minors should not register an account or send us personal information such as their name, address, phone number, and mailing address. If we accidentally collect information about minors, we will delete it as soon as we know it. If you think we may improperly hold information from or about minors, please contact us.
9. Scope of application
10. Your rights
You have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any personal data about you.
- Access the personal data we hold about you.
- Ask us to correct any incorrect personal data.
- Determine our policies and practices regarding personal data (from time to time), and the types of personal data we hold.
- Request to stop receiving direct marketing messages from us at any time.
According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region), we have the right to charge reasonable processing fees for requests for access to personal data. If you want to check or correct your personal information, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This statement does not limit your rights protected by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- If there is any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of this statement, the Chinese version shall prevail.
- This statement is governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and is interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- The company reserves the right to revise the security and privacy policies of this website at any time, so it is recommended that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have a clear understanding of the latest content of the relevant policies.